Bathroom remodels are a great way to increase the value of your home, as well as update the look and feel of the space. One of the most important decisions you’ll make during a bathroom renovation is choosing the right shower system. There are many different types of showers on the market today, so how do you know which one is right for your bathroom?
With the latest technology, it has become easy with some shower systems to match the perfect shower for your own bathroom. Choose from a wide range of luxury showers and add value to your home with beautiful features such as natural stone, colored grouts, and sleek frameless glass.
This article will enlighten you with some suggestions for matching the perfect shower faucet set with your own bathroom style. Let’s dive in!
– Choose the idea Shower valves
Shower valves are available in many different styles and designs, so choose the one that works best with the rest of your bathroom design. The shower valve is controlled by the handle, so choose one that is comfortable to use.
The installation process involves drilling the valve into your bathroom wall and then putting your shower system into place. Finally, install the shower faucet trim kit with the control panel covering the valve.
Shower valves come in manual or thermostatic versions. A manual valve is less expensive and easier to install, but a thermostatic valve will maintain the water temperature even if the water pressure changes.
– Choose the type and configuration
Your shower system needs to have the correct configuration for your bathroom. Do you want a fixed shower head or a handheld one? Consider the amount of space you have and whether you want a ceiling-mounted or wall-mounted system. Shower taps fall into five categories including rain showers, Single-head shower heads, hand-held showerheads, body sprays, and dual and multiple showerheads.
– Single head spray shower: The type of shower head has four or more spray types. The shower delivers water through the whole series of jets that are combined in one single sprout.
– Dual head shower: A combination of two or more two showers with different water flows, usually mounted on the ceiling. They can be handheld, fixed, overhead, or even wall-mounted, depending on the model chosen.
– Multiple head shower: This type of shower is made up of two, three, or more than three spray jets integrated into the same one.
– Body spray shower head faucets: These showerheads have several adjustable jets which spray water over your body. They are perfect for people who want to enjoy a relaxing massage while showering.
– Handheld shower head: This type of shower is ideal if you have limited space as it can be attached to the wall or ceiling. It also gives you more flexibility when bathing as you can direct the water flow where you need it.
– Choose your shower system
Once you have decided on the configuration of your shower, you need to choose the type of system. There are three types of shower systems: overhead showers, handset showers, and wall-mounted showers.
– Overhead showers: These showers are mounted on the ceiling and have a fixed shower head. They can be used alone or in conjunction with dual and multiple-head showers for a more complete bathing experience.
– Handset showers: This type of shower is ideal for people who want to enjoy the benefits offered by both overhead and wall-mounted systems. In addition, handset showers allow you to move around while you are bathing.
– Wall-mounted showers: These showers are attached to the wall and have a handheld showerhead. They are perfect for people who want a luxurious shower experience without taking up too much space.
– Digital Shower Controls: Some showers come with digital controls which allow you to change settings such as water temperature, spray type and even music. Interestingly, some digital shower controls come with stunning features such as Wi-Fi that connects to an app on your phone enabling you to start your shower from any room. It also alerts you when the water is at a pre-set temperature. If this is something that appeals to you, be sure to check the specifications of the shower before making your purchase.
Decide on your temperature control
You can adjust the water temperature by turning a knob. Turn it to the left for colder and to the right for warmer. The best way to maintain consistent temperatures all over your body is to have a water temperature regulator attached directly to the shower. This will ensure that no matter where you are in your bath, you can have the perfect temperature all the time.
What about your bathroom tiles?
Tiles are one of the most important aspects of planning your new shower system as they help define its look and feel. If you have plain white tiles, consider opting for a rainfall showerhead as it will create a relaxed and spa-like atmosphere. If you have stylish tiles with textures or patterns, go for a more contemporary handheld shower head to show them off to their best effect.
If you desire for a new shower system without the hassles of remodel, you can go for a shower panel. The models boasts all the familiar functions of a traditional shower head, such as an adjustable overhead shower, hand shower and massage jets, but in a sleek and modern design.
However, before purchasing one for your bathroom, it is important to consider the style of your bathroom. For those who have a modern bathroom, a sleek and simple design would be perfect for the panel. On the other hand, it is advisable for those who have a traditional bathroom to choose one with more details in order to blend in well.
For an elegant and luxurious look, you should go for a round shower panel. The model will definitely complement your rectangular or oval-shaped shower stall. If you would like to add some drama and an elegant touch to your bathroom, go for a square shower panel.
You should also consider the overall size of your stall before making any purchase. A taller model will be more suitable for those who have extra high ceilings, while shorter models are perfect for smaller bathrooms. When it comes to width, one should ensure that there is enough space left on the wall after installation.
In conclusion, a perfect shower system can be found according to your taste and style. To choose the perfect shower system, it is important that you consider your personal lifestyle and living habits. Furthermore, if we consider that a good shower experience also depends on the cleanness and hygiene of our bathrooms, choosing a shower system with advanced features like water softeners will help maintain the hygiene of the shower area. By following the simple tips above, you can be sure to get a shower system that perfectly matches your space and style.